Thursday 1 January 2009

City Daily Photo: Best photo of the year 2008

Today is the first of the month and that means "Theme Day"! To start off 2009 the theme for January is "Best of 2008". Since starting this photo blog I have "met" so many wonderful people, and explored, through photo, so many different corners of the world. I struggle sometimes to be inspired to take photos, to make the effort... but the support and feedback from everyone makes it all worthwhile.

So back to "Best of 2008"... I found it difficult to choose a photo as "best" because this is only my 4th month doing this... so heres a selection!

According to number of comments this is the best:
Along the river, looking towards Sts Peter & Paul

Number of flickr views? That would be this one:
The Old Gaol

personal best? I do love this one!:
Chantry Chapel window

Please take the time to visit some of the other City Daily Photo sites, and explore somewhere new!
Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

14 comments:

Kim said...

Happy New Year Sarah! I can see why you chose these 3, and I'm especially in love with the first and third shots. The composition in both is wonderful. That first view, though, is so colorful and appealing, it is postcard perfect! I hope you continue to enjoy this daily journey we are all on. Thanks for your peeks at Buckingham.
-Kim
Seattle Daily Photo

bitingmidge said...

I can't choose either! If you have the same success rate in 2009, it's going to be a grand year!

Cheers!

Sunshine Coast Daily - Australia

Anonymous said...

If I had to choose just one it would be the top one, Sarah. I think it says it all about your country. The colors are stunning.

Happy New Year to you and your family from Patty and Abe.

lv2scpbk said...

I love the first one too. You captured the light just perfect off the buildings. Love the color and the glow.

Have a Happy New Year!

Sharon said...

They are all great!! Happy New Year!

marley said...

All great but I like your personal best one best!

Happy New Year :)

Hilda said...

Oh my gosh, I can't decide. They're all fabulous! I'm so glad you posted all three.

Happy theme day! And happy new year too. Wishing you peace and prosperity in 2009.

Unknown said...

All are great, but I can't choose between the 1st and the 3rd...

Happy New Year!

Judy said...

All three are awesome, how could anyone choose? Happy New Year.

Buck said...

Not only did I have a hard time choosing my favourite for my blog, I'm having a hard time choosing my favourite for yours! Wow!!

Jane Hards Photography said...

I sometimes think being a stranger in a strange land you see hidden gems that locals forget excist. You have had some beautiful scenic images since starting your blog.

Sterl the Pearl's Daily Pics of Boulder said...

i like them all but my fav is your personal fav. Good stuff! Happy New Year!

J.C. said...

I love the first shot. It's like a cozy town. Gives me the warm, nice feeling.

Jilly said...

Super shots. I'd have difficulty choosing too! I'm always drawn to your blog. You produce such enticing photographs.

Happy new year to you!